London, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Lead Game Designer
Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles like 1010!, Merge Dragons & Merge Magic and we have more awesome projects in the pipeline. We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft to focus on managing others or your workload.
At Gram, everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment and impact on the overall company strategy. If you are motivated by autonomy, constant improvement, collaboration and a sense of belonging, this is the right job for you.
As the Lead Game Designer, we are looking for you to have deep experience, love and intuitive feel for games, and a passion for leading creative teams.
You are the creative ambassador to other stakeholders, both within the team and beyond. You will ensure an understanding of the design vision across disciplines and ensure design coherence and an excellent player experience in the finished product.
You are a proponent of understanding player needs and motivations and gathering data to establish a design strategy and are an evangelist for the process not only on the design team but to all disciplines within the project.
• Define, maintain, and communicate the creative vision for the project to ensure a best-in-class player experience
• Develop strong relationships with Art, Engineering, Product, and other departments to make that vision a reality
• Partner with Production, Product Management, and Business Intelligence to ensure proper positioning of the product, and inform the vision with analytics and data
• Define and drive problem-solving culture both on your design team and for the team at large
• Communicate and evangelize the vision for the game upward to executive stakeholders, outward to external partners and inwards to the team
• Guide development of features and systems to drive increased KPIs
• Ensure design cohesion and best practices across the team, and communicate them via documentation, presentations, and mentoring
• Review and provide feedback on systems, features, and content designs and provide guidance to other leaders and designers
• Strong knowledge of the competitive landscape to ensure the team is developing a game that matches evolving player expectations and innovations
• Mentor and guide the design team on their respective career trajectories
• Impart your experience and methods to the team, and leverage their strengths and backgrounds to build a versatile team capable of tackling any challenge
Required Skills & Experience:
• An experienced Design Lead with multiple shipped mobile casual games under your belt
• Experience with games-as-a-service design methodologies and building a living game for a large community of players
• A track record of implementing and improving design systems, workflows, and processes
• An effortless communicator, visually and verbally
In return for bringing your expertise to this top-priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
• Highly competitive salary
• Private medical care
• Relocation assistance for those moving to London
• Life insurance and a favorable pension scheme
• Healthcare cash plan including dental coverage
Keep Calm and waka waka...