Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.Job Description
The Lead Environment / Prop Artist is the team expert in building and setting up environment assets. Props and levels including destruction and special functionality. This Lead Artist wil be responsible for managing the environment art team to ensure the best possible visual and technical quality for the assets produced.
- Leading the development and creation of high-quality AAA 3D environment assets, props and levels of art
- Ensuring a productive and efficient workflow for the environment art team through excellent internal and external communication.
- Close collaboration with the Art Director, producers and leads to ensure the team works within the visual style of the game
- Establish a prospering art culture within the environment team to strive for exceptional quality
- Push the visual and technical quality of the project to the next level
- Balance quality and efficiency of the team to gain the best possible results within in the given time frame and technical constraints
- Prioritize and manage the environment art team's tasks to ensure delivery in time and quality
- Ensure performance and technical quality of environment assets, props and levels.
- Create and maintain guidelines for optimized workflows and technical asset creation rules for the team
- Create high-quality models, textures and level art defining the quality benchmarks for the art environment team.
- Setup destruction, dynamic objects and other functionality of art assets
- Proven experience in leading a team of artists, great communication skills and the ability to positively motivate a team
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as an Environment / Prop artist in game development, ideally with one AAA title shipped
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to improve them
- Strong experience in creating AAA Level art
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude and experience in leading a team of artists
- Very good organizational skills and the ability to anticipate problems and find solutions fast
- The ability to review assets and give feedback efficiently and in a clear and constructive manner.
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- A keen eye for composition, shape, color and detail
- Very good skills in Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush and Photoshop.
- Strong texturing and painting skills
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
PortfolioIt is required t
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a plus
- Good Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
hat you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments, levels and props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety