Engineering Toronto, Ontario
Certain Affinity, Austin’s largest independent video game developer, is opening a second location in Toronto, Canada. Our new space will be working in collaboration with the Austin, TX Studio as we continue to work on amazing AAA games including an ambitious original title.
Certain Affinity is looking to hire a Lead Engineer to lead a team of engineers with passion, focus, and drive. This role will balance hands-on programming and managing people. Learn more about the specifics below. If this type of role is what you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
- Lead a team of engineers at a variety of experience levels.
- Turn ambiguous technical requirements into well-defined tasks that are delivered on time.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and producers to prioritize, schedule, and assign tasks to the engineering team.
- Hire and mentor less experienced engineers, providing feedback and career growth and development opportunities.
- Lead by example; 50% hands-on programming, 50% people management
- Facilitate team communication and collaboration
- Help establish and evangelize departmental processes and best practices
- Find efficient and creative solutions in existing code bases
- Be responsible for your team’s network, memory, GPU and CPU footprint
- Ability to drive cross-studio development
- Experience leading a team of 4 or more engineers on a shipped title
- Proficiency in reading and writing C/C++
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, and results-oriented
- Familiarity with the core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Comfortable working in a large established codebase
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Able to travel internationally
- Console experience
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Experience in C# and Python
- Passion for multiplayer action games