Brighton, United Kingdom
Games and Level Design
Permanent | Full Time
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
At Electric Square, the worlds we create are key to our games and making an amazing experience for our players. This year has seen our first full releases in Forza Street, Hot Wheels ID and The Grand Tour: The Game, with other exciting top secret projects currently in development and even more about to kick start! Together with 2 studios, 120 people, 4 projects (and our studio dogs!) we can offer world class projects with unique studio culture to make staff feel empowered and inspired, which is why Electric Square has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor.
The Lead Designer will be an essential part of the game team, not only leading the design but forming the glue between all the other disciplines. You will become the expert on the project with an innate understanding of all aspects of the game, driving the product forward through collaborative leadership and design excellence.
When you join Electric Square you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked one of Brighton's incredible pop-up diners. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
• Holidays - 20 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
• Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, to a maximum of 7 extra days!
• Generous Team Project Bonuses
• Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by Bupa Private Healthcare.
• Group Income Protection
• Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
• Group Life Insurance
• Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice bike purchase scheme with tax savings through Cycle Scheme.
• Electra's Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
• Free Fresh Home Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – all local and organic, meat and vegan recipes. A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday over a beer or a bottle of Kombucha!
• Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
• Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
• Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
• Fast Growing Studio – We're only getting bigger, so there's plenty of room for career advancement.
• Industry Conferences Budget – Many of our employees benefit every year from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, SIGGRAPH, E3, Unite, Unreal Fest Europe and more.
• Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
• Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
• Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
• Free Awesome Swag – Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the now iconic Electra emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
• Two studios in the heart of Brighton – Electric Square South is right next to the Royal Pavilion in an imposing 1933 building originally called Electric House, Electric Square North is in a contemporary space on the other side of the Royal Pavilion.
• Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you everyone out seeing what’s going on.
• Dogs with Jobs – Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
• Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
• Summer Party – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)
At Electric Square, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Keep Calm and waka waka...