Thank you for your interest in the Lead Artist listing. We are always looking for experienced talent to join the Pipeworks team!
The Lead Artist will work closely with the Studio Art Director to support the leadership needs of various projects. This position will assist in ways that are effective for each project’s platform and art style.
- Concept with and direct concept artists
- Organize and plan with other team members
- Create art direction documents that show the art related rules and understandings for each project
- Direct and manage other artists and outsourced teams
- Organize outsourcing efforts on a project
- Work within an existing IP or work on creating one from scratch
- Accurately estimate timelines for project completion by doing rough passes with the team and/or on your own
- Hands on art creation
- Push for the highest quality of art available within each project’s resources
- Communicate with multiple disciplines
- At least 2-5 years of experience with 2D and 3D software to create assets
- Understanding of Maya and/or Max
- Unity experience is a must, Unreal familiarity a benefit
- Strong interest in the industry and a desire to make games
- Ability to work as part of a game team
- Strong ability to diffuse stressful situations and create positive solutions
- Ability to pull the best out of the art team and recognize where training or mentoring is needed
- Ability to concept and create inspirational art for project direction
- Understanding/experience within a media related work scenario, television, film, or marketing
- Experience working on narrative based projects
DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO
- Make quality decisions that improve the art direction of a project
- Work with other artists to achieve project goals
- Adapt the direction of a project based on needs
- Accurately estimate the timeframe required to ship projects
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any degree in an art related digital direction and/or at least 2-3 years’ experience as an art lead.
Materials Required: Candidate should provide portfolio of art that they have created or directed and a resume detailing the projects/studios that they have worked with.