Art and Animation,Games and Level Design,Production
Permanent | Full Time
Reporting to the Art Director, and with extensive experience in modeling, sculpting and texturing a diverse range of 3D assets, the Lead Artist should also be well-versed in game art and/or cinematics production methodology. The ideal candidate should have experience creating 3D characters in a variety of art styles. Experience in mobile games is an advantage but not essential, the candidate will be self-motivated, creative and ambitious
Working closely with the Game Directors, as Lead Artist you will take forward the visual creation of a rich new game experience. You will be responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the art team to create high-quality engaging, optimized visuals and player experiences.
You will take elements from concept to in-game prototype, through to final implemented efficient content. In this position, you will be working closely with game designers, programmers, artists and leadership group to achieve the projects goals
This is a great chance to work in a small agile development team within a large studio with plenty of opportunities to have a big impact, improve your skills and further your career. We are a highly collaborative team and encourage contribution to all areas of the game. Your opinions, even outside your area of expertise, are always valued.
Tap4Fun is a global video-games company headquartered in Chengdu, China, with studios in Paris, Beijing and expanding to multiple locations across the globe. The company is currently opening a new game studio in Bangkok, Thailand. Check out www.tap4fun.com for more info.
· Exceptional and demonstratable artistic ability
· Broad and deep art knowledge (art history, product design, 2D, 3D, traditional and digital)
· Interest in all things visual – animation, vfx, graphic design, film, UX
· Proven experience of leading and developing artists
· Create amazing 3D character models and textures for cinematics / CGI animations / in-game
· Participate in research and development / pre-production of new IPs.
Keep Calm and waka waka...