London, United Kingdom
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Lead Animator – Full Time
Roll7 is a small and fiercely independent BAFTA and multi award winning studio with a small team of 10 people. We pride ourselves on our creativity and are best known for our original, innovative and critically acclaimed IP.
We are committed to excellence in all parts of game development, and we strive to make the process as inclusive and exciting, offering large degrees of ownership and autonomy to our team.
See our for Staff Benefits and Company Culture
Roll7 run development remotely and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast majority of their work at home (9/10 days). Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses will be supplied as required. One day a fortnight we work from central London as a team, therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Animator to bring our new IP to life. Working under our Lead Artist, you will be capable of managing the entire Animation Pipeline and be artistically and technically minded. You will be proficient in the Unity Engine and have released at least one title using Unity.
£ Competitive DOE
28th April 2019
· Working in cross-discipline teams across animation, engineering and art, creating compelling characters and breathing life into animations while also maintaining high technical standards and game performance
· Building dynamic animation systems for soft and rigid bodies, cloth, IK and FK, ragdoll physics and blending animations
· Planning and implementing animation state machines
· Strong communication across disciplines as well as good organisation and time management with the ability to propose, articulate and coordinate solutions
· Performing performance benchmarking, profiling tests and optimisation
· Assist in defining and documenting asset budgets, standards and guidelines
· Ability to assist in related areas is a plus, eg. asset rigging, shader programming and lighting
· Participate in R&D of new techniques and incorporate into the animation / production
· We are looking for exceptionally skilled technical animators with well-rounded portfolios and AAA experience.
· Other requirements are outlined below.
· 5 years of experience within the games industry, with at least 1 shipped title
· Broad range of 3D and 2D skills
· Knowledge of animation techniques, physics simulation and related maths. As well as familiarity with industry standard workflows
· Experience creating procedural and parametric animations
· Strong experience with Unity
· Experience scripting in Python and C# (Unity Editor Scripting)
· Exceptional eye for detail and quality
· A passion for playing and making games!
Keep Calm and waka waka...