Established in 2004, Lakshya Digital, a Keywords Studio, is the largest interactive entertainment and game development services studio in South Asia. With a team size of close to 500, we have game production studios in Gurgaon and Pune (India), Seattle (US), Tokyo (Japan).
Our continued success is fueling the need to support overseas growth in the UK. We are looking for top quality talent to become part of this effort. If you have grown weary of working on the same project doing the same thing from year to year, or if you are interested in experiencing what it is like to simultaneously work on a variety of projects, then dust off your resume, polish up your portfolio and send it to us for consideration.
As the Lead Animator, you will supervise a team to ensure the consistent delivery of top quality environment content, documentation, and production plans that satisfy both externally and internally created specifications for multiple projects. The Lead Animator must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, by being highly organized and detail oriented, with exceptional oral and written communication skills. Our Lead Animator must possess relevant technical skills used in a Lead or Associate Art Director role on at least one AAA Current Gen console game. Previous experience working with an external art team, or as a service vendor, is a big plus.
- Interface directly with clients to understand their needs and form a solid working relationship.
- Collaborate with teams, both on site and oversees, to find production solutions that uphold the client's quality expectations and adhere to established technical requirements. Contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of production and support of PMs and Account Managers.
- Preproduction support for animation content including the creation of technical and artistic specifications for art assets, as well as establishing production pipelines per client requirements.
- Contribute to internal studio training efforts, working with teams in India, the US and Japan to internalize established processes and best practices. Overseas travel required to fully support this initiative.
- Demonstrate and facilitate a strong understanding of the principles of animation.
- Experience of both hand-key and mocap pipelines.
- Able to prioritize and provide feedback and review for more than two projects at a time.
- Work with the Project Managers and other leads and artists to identify risks, develop solid estimates, pipelines, schedules, and production plans.
- Manage and mentor Artists that report to them. Demonstrate, communicate, and exemplify clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication, and professionalism within the team.
- Responsible for the quality of all incoming art assets for the projects they are leading and the projects of their direct reports which could include as many as 4 projects and teams of 75+ artists.
- Actively work to improve approval ratio for their team by providing clear and concise visual and written feedback.
- Depending on the project needs, able to create assets in a variety of software packages.
- Depending on the project needs, able to integrate assets in a variety of off-the-shelf and proprietary engines.
- A minimum of 10 years' industry experience with at least one title shipped in a Lead role.
- Experience on current game consoles, Xbox One and PS4, and current gen PC and titles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong understanding of issue tracking tools like JIRA, Basecamp or Shotgun.
- An expert-level understanding for current-gen game content development processes, pipelines, limitations, and dependencies as it relates to environment creation.
- Skilled with current tools and technologies.
- Able to analyze and understand client aesthetic requirements and translate that into workable feedback for art teams.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision, and present the work of the team and the project in a professional manner.
- Previous team leadership experience required on multiple projects; having demonstrated the ability to mentor less experienced artists to achieve top quality and consistent results.
- Must be able to travel internationally 10-20% of the year.
- BA or equivalent industry experience.