We are one of Australia's largest gaming companies in Melbourne and we are looking for a super switched on Junior QA member to join our QA team. If you think of yourself as a bug hunter extraordinaire, a glitch gladiator and are capable of finding defects that no one else even considers, then this is the job for you!
What You Bring To The Role
- Taking ownership of the quality control for all of Playsides titles and being a voice for overall quality within the studio.
- Conducting ongoing testing of all current and future releases.
- Conducting and organising a range of test runs from user acceptance tests, to Beta & A/B testing.
- Triaging and maintaining defect lists for a variety of both live and in-development releases.
- Maintaining and assisting in creating thorough test documentation for current and future titles.
- Researching current testing guidelines and processes within both the first party platforms and the industry as a whole.
- A high degree of attention to detail and a passion for games!
- A tertiary degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field.
- The ability to rapidly respond to an ever-changing environment and manage competing priorities while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to get the job done without day-to-day direction.
- An understanding of current mobile / console games and the industry as a whole.
- A general understanding of the game development pipeline and what it means to take a game from concept to release.
- Think laterally and have a strong understanding of games, how they work and the systems and design behind them.
- Have a can-do with the ability to turn a negative into a positive, no problem is too great.
The ideal candidate for this job should be independently motivated and ready to be a force of quality control within the studio. If you're ready to stand out from the crowd and help us deliver exceptional games and experiences please keep reading. What we offer here at PlaySide
How to Apply
- Incredible studios based in gorgeous Port Melbourne, right next to the city and many public transport options.
- Employee Assistance Program!
- Mentor Program. We're agile and fast growing, giving plenty of chances for you to grow in your role.
- Half price Gym access! (right next door) - you can wear your free PlaySide Swag!
- Social events! Including Movie Nights (We hire out the cinema!) and food trucks! Just as some examples!
- Out of this world referral Bonus that includes a chance at a $10,000 holiday!
- The chance to work on some of the most exciting projects, with the most incredible companies in the world - just take a look at our website!
Email your application to email@example.com .
Please apply with your CV and create a killer cover letter with the following:
- Why are you applying for our role at Playside?
- Tell us about yourself!
- What is your experience with the Quality Assurance?
- What is your proudest work achievement?
- Why do you think you're the one for this role?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- How many weeks' notice do you need?
We want you to get to know us as much as we get to know you! Our process will go as follows:
- You apply with your killer CV and a folio of examples of your work!
- Quick phone chat with one of our delightful People & Culture team members
- You may then be invited in for an interview (in-office or via Zoom) to outline all of your past work, and we will let you know all about PlaySide.
- 2nd stage interview or Zoom call, to meet one of our General Managers or Directors
- You'll then get the opportunity to meet some of our current PlaySiders - this is a casual chat and a get to know you session!
Please Note: Only candidates successful for an interview will be contacted. Do keep an eye on our LinkedIn page and careers page for future roles.