Cloud Imperium is looking for a junior graphics programmer to work on a high-spec PC-only title. You'll help us push the already great visuals even further by implementing the very latest rendering technology to deliver a truly next-generation experience. You'll be working closely with other members of our multi-disciplinary team across multiple studios to ensure we identify and deliver the very best and most suitable solutions to bring the game universe to life.
- Good degree in computer science/graphics/games programming and strong A-levels or equivalent
- Very strong 3D mathematics and computer science knowledge
- Strong C++ skills and basic knowledge of multi-threaded programming
- Experience developing rendering directly algorithms in DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan
- Experience creating and optimizing shaders in HLSL/GLSL
- Passion for making and playing games
- Motivation to continually learn and develop skills and proactive attitude to problem-solving
- Work well in a cooperative team environment
- High-level knowledge of popular techniques/algorithms such as those presented at GDC (PBR, Tiled Shading, Compute)
- Experience with a large code base (e.g. Unreal/Unity)
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with DirectCompute/OpenCL
Due to visa requirements for this specific role, we can only accept applicants that are eligible to work in the EU
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.