Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile games developer and publisher based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee is one of the world's fastest growing studios and has rapidly become the largest hyper-casual publisher in the UK. Thanks to hit games including Draw it, Looper, Jetpack Jump, Shootout 3D, Go Fish!, Plank! and Rocket Sky, Kwalee has hundreds of millions of players across the globe, placing us within the top 5 mobile developers worldwide.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE - awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team that has doubled its size in the last year. The team includes many industry veterans and the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As Junior Game Designer you have a talent to create fun, exciting game experiences for our players. You're experienced in different areas of design and have worked designing casual games, ideally in mobile.
You'll be part of a development team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
"My mission is that you enjoy our games so much, that you won't be able to stop playing!"
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Working as part of the design team, taking responsibility for multiple mobile game projects, creating game design documents, diagrams and flowcharts.
- Designing compelling game mechanics using modern mobile design principles.
- Creating, balancing and tuning game mechanics, game difficulty and UI flow.
- Creating levels and additional content using Unity, for new and existing games.
- Evolving and adapting game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics.
- Driving long term player engagement by understanding mobile players needs and motivations.
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to make our games as fun as they can be.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 70 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.Skills and requirements
- Education in Game Design and ideally some experience (even if it's in personal projects or game jams).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in hypercasual games.
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetisation and advertising techniques.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
- Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
- Positive attitude, self driven able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Unity experience.
- Creative writing skills.
- Coding / prototyping skills.
- Experience of mobile game live ops, A/B testing and telemetry.
- Knowledge of mobile game market, trends, competition, platforms and app stores.
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.Our philosophy
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.