Brighton, England, United Kingdom · Core Services
At Electric Square, the worlds we create are key to our games and making an amazing experience for our players. This year has seen our first full releases in Forza Street and Hot Wheels id, with other exciting top secret projects currently in development and even more about to kick start! Together with 2 studios, 120 people, 4 projects (and our studio dogs!) we can offer world class projects with unique studio culture to make staff feel empowered and inspired, which is why Electric Square has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor.
Purpose of the Job
Providing 1st and 2nd line technical support to requests from users & clients for all PC, hardware, software and associated peripherals via phone, email, remote, and face to face. You will also be providing Meeting room support as well as monitoring and maintaining computer server systems and networks.
Role and Responsibilities:
- IT Incident Management - Respond to and resolve all incidents and service requests.
- Security & Access Management – System and user account administration in line with company IT policy and governance structures.
- IT Asset Management of hardware, software and mobile devices.
- Build, deploy, replace, upgrade; computers, mobile devices, and peripherals.
- Participate in the delivery of hardware, software, server, network and infrastructure related projects.
- Participate in the maintenance of supplier contracts and licenses.
- TCP/IP troubleshooting and networking.
- IT Knowledge Capture and Management – Ensure that installation, lessons learnt, and known errors are documented and available to assist in future Incident Management.
- Maintenance of meeting rooms and equipment, as well as general software updates and security patch cycles.
- Managing office printers and printer supplies.
Experience working in an IT support role or qualifications in a related discipline. (ITIL, MCP MCTIP, MCSE, MCSA)
Proven experience working in a Microsoft Windows Server/Client Environment (Exchange, O365, Active Directory)
Linux/Unix admin experience.
You will be a team player, able to follow instructions and capable of working on projects autonomously.
Effective communication skills and overall a friendly, helpful, confident and organised individual.
Experience in IT troubleshooting, IT support, setup, user support, software / hardware support.
Ability to remain prioritise and manage conflicting demands. Work independently but recognise escalation paths where appropriate.
- Knowledge of Apple products, macOS, iOS systems.
- Knowledge /Experience of Gaming industry products and processes preferred.
When you join Electric Square you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked one of Brighton's incredible pop-up diners. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays - 23 days’ annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by AXA PPP Private Healthcare.
- Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme – Tax efficient childcare voucher scheme operated through KiddiVouchers.
- Electra's Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- Free Fresh Home Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – all local and organic, meat and vegan recipes. A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday over a beer or a bottle of Kombucha!
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Gobo personal trainer.
- Fast Growing Studio – We're only getting bigger, so there's plenty of room for career advancement.
- Industry Conferences Budget – Many of our employees benefit every year from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, Siggraph, E3, Unite, Unreal Fest Europe and more.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
- Free Awesome Swag – Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the now iconic Electra emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
- Two studios in the heart of Brighton – Electric Square South is right next to the Royal Pavilion in an imposing 1933 building originally called Electric House, Electric Square North is in a contemporary space on the other side of the Royal Pavilion.
- Bring Your Dog to Work – Don’t leave Fido at home alone. Bring him into the studio to meet the rest of the team. Electric Square is a dog friendly employer!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you everyone out seeing what’s going on.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together.
At Electric Square, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.