Croydon, United Kingdom
QA and Localisation
Temporary | Full Time
Testronic works with the biggest franchises in the games industry. You will be testing the localised versions of a wild variety of games, from AAA next-gen titles to mobile, indie games and companion apps.
Localisation QA Games Testing is all about proofreading the localised text in-game, menus and cinematics. You will assure translations are of the highest quality, and that they are consistent to the in-game context.
You will be working with a large team of like-minded gamers from all over the world. You'll gain invaluable skills in localisation and games, and you’ll be part of the development of the latest cutting edge games.
· Testing software to the required timescale across all the current gaming platforms.
· Entering any bugs, flaws and issues into the database in English and in a clear and concise manner, providing solutions to any issues where required.
· Proofreading to ensure all text is accurately translated from the English copy.
· Translating between English and target language when required.
· Ensuring the game is of industry standard before release.
· Proactively complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly, and within a specified timeframe in order to detect (and subsequently report on a daily basis) localisation bugs, software flaws and/or design issues.
· Ensure that no guideline-related localisation bug, flaw or issue remains in the signed-off product and report them as early as possible.
· Proactively seek to improve knowledge of testing procedures, and where applicable, related equipment.
· Maintain strong teamwork within the team.
· Communicate accurate information to other team members.
· Provide regular availability updates that truthfully reflect your availability for projects.
· Perform other tasks when requested by the management team.
· Fluent language skills in your language.
· Fluent English language skills.
· Basic IT skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Passion for games.
· Interest in translation.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Will have games testing experience, either localisation or functionality.
· Experience in translation or audio-visual localisation.
· Basic MS Excel skills.
· Flexible and comfortable to be working on a project work basis.
· Team orientated.
· Good communicator.
· Happy with playing games on various platforms for up to 8 hours a day.
· Available on short notice and comfortable with unusual work patterns.
This work is project based, and we’re currently looking for candidates to fill casual contracts.
Keep Calm and waka waka...