Welcome to Bossa Studios! Our multi-cultural and daring London team creates distinctive games that millions of people love, all across the globe. Close collaboration between our teams, our players and our fans is at the heart of our unique way of developing and marketing our games.
On bad days, we make original games. On good days, we make genre-defining gaming experiences.
If you're an avid gamer, you will know us for our top hits including Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread & BAFTA-winning Monstermind.
As part of the Bossa's Senior Management Team and reporting to the COO you will be responsible for overseeing the production discipline and producers within the studio. You will be a seasoned production lead and manager and have built, grown and improved teams to deliver proven critical and commercially successful games.
This is an exciting new role in one of the industry's most creative studios. You will be a mix of mentor, manager, and collaborator. You will draw as much professional enjoyment from the successes of your team and your colleagues as you do from your own personal hands on involvement in the games, something which you will still be required to do where needed.
- Management - Managing the studio's Production team on a day to day basis
- Leadership - Motivating a team of highly skilled individuals to excel
- Mentoring - Working with the producers to grow and improve as individuals and as a group
- Process - Keeping producers and projects on point with the company's development process and also working with the COO and other senior staff to continue to evolve and improve this
- Communication - Maintaining robust and frequent communications with the senior team and peers
- Planning - Production planning and tracking for multiple projects
- Budget - Budget planning and tracking for multiple projects
- Risk management - Tracking and management risks over multiple projects
- Reporting - Making sure all stakeholders are kept aware of the status of al the projects
- Awareness - Maintaining up to date industry and market awareness on production methodology and ensuring the projects and producers benefit from any interesting developments
- Proven team leadership skills
- A strong passion for games
- A deep understanding of the production discipline and process
- Awareness of past, current and future trends in production
- Production process awareness at an academic level, i.e you understand the "science" of production
- Proficient at planning and tracking budgets
- Proficient at scheduling and tracking resources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A natural problem solver
- A fascination for finding new and better approaches to problems
- An open and inclusive approach to management
- You understand that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and you respect those around you
- A drive to learn, improve and share
- The ability to adapt to fluid situations, you know when to stick to the plan and when put it to one side
- Extensive experience of production
- Multiple projects shipped
- Experience of managing the full development cycle, from concept through to a live product
- Experience of both agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Multiplayer experience
- Multi-platform experience
- Experience with different business models
- Experience working with new and evolving technologies
- Familiar with creating a new IP from the ground up
- Annual Holiday Allowance - our holiday year runs from 1st January- 31st December. We offer all employees a starting holiday allowance of 22 days + UK bank holidays. This allowance will increase by one day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA) - you will immediately be eligible to join Bossa's healthcare scheme which is provided by BUPA.
- Life Assurance - you would immediately be entitled to be part of Bossa's Life Assurance scheme which in the unfortunate event of an employee's death their subsidiaries will receive a tax free lump sum payment of 4 times their annual salary.
- Pension Scheme - we match up to 5% of any money that you pay into the pension pot.
- Employee Assistance Programme - you will immediately have access to a 24/7 confidential helpline that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
- Supportive family polices - six months fully paid maternity leave and three months fully paid paternity leave
- Cyclescheme - The Cyclescheme allows you to get up to £1,000 worth of bike and accessories through Bossa. You then pay a monthly 'salary sacrifice' to effectively 'hire' the bike and kit, over a 12 month period.
- Discounted gym membership
- BYOB - Bring Your Own Bossian, of course! - awesome referral bonus
- Eye Tests - Bossa will provide you with an eye test voucher and will also cover up to £40 towards a new pair of glasses.
- Travel to Work Loan - it's a scheme to help Bossians out with the way they pay for their work travel expenses. Bossa lends you the money to pay for your annual travel ticket up front. We then take out a repayment from your net salary on monthly basis which can either be spread over 10 months or 12 months.
- Healthy Mondays, free snacks, fruit, drinks and just about a 100 types of tea for you to enjoy
- Aaaand more: we have fantastic company culture, loads of social events, company updates (with booze and fancy non-alcoholic drinks) and we're in the centre of London (food is amazing here!)