Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa - the UK's biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live - along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee's success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As Group Financial Reporting Manager you'll lead the preparation of all financial reporting under IFRS and will be the key contact for auditors and legal advisors. You'll work closely with stakeholders to maximise the commercial success of the company.
What you tell your friends you do
"I'm the finance wizard and key to the commercial success of the company. "
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Preparation of group consolidated accounts under IFRS
- Financial / accounting compliance e.g new IFRS regulations
- Preparation of the P&L, balance sheet, cash flow statement and other supporting schedules
- Support with cash flow forecasting including working capital review
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process with appropriate financial models and reports
- Assist with tax planning and analysis including VGTR and R&D tax credit claims
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial statements e.g monthly, interim, annual
- Present financial data clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games. Skills and requirements
- ACA or ACCA qualification
- Strong financial accounting and reporting experience (e.g. Financial reporting or Group reporting experience, Audit Manager experience, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic and highly organised
- Ideally an interest in games
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that's why we have a generous royalties scheme
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays ! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Gym including free membership
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.