Our client is currently looking for a Graphics Programmer to work as part of its core technology team, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated and able to use his/her initiative to make improvements to all areas of the engine.
Based in Oxford, the team are looking for someone with the following experience:
- At least 3 years’ games industry experience with at least 2 years in a graphics programming role for DirectX (SM3/4), Xbox One, and/or PS4 is required.
- Experience of working on large-scale projects with a cross-platform engine would be preferred. Experience with DirectX 11 would be advantageous.
- First class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other computing-related subjects would be preferred. Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they meet the experience criteria above.
- Implementing new graphics techniques.
- Profiling and optimising existing graphics code.
- Working with other team members to add new rendering features to all current platforms.
- Assisting with planning and scheduling of rendering tasks.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Strong C/C++- Strong mathematical skills.
- Writing shaders.
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code.
- Enthusiasm for games.