ZeroLight is seeking an experienced and driven Graphics Programmer to join its award-winning Tech team to undertake range of core technology tasks including:
- Cloud streaming
- VR integration and optimisation
- Graphics and rendering tech
- Ray tracing with DXR
The successful candidate will work alongside major tech partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Unity to develop cutting edge solutions for automotive clients like Cadillac, Porsche and Audi. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated to innovation, problem solving and taking our technology experiences to the next level. Our tech team is made up of passionate technologists who are always looking to challenge the status quo and push for the very best in terms of pioneering, never seen before experiences.
You can read more about the exciting developments within the Tech team in their dedicated blog and meet some of the team in this short video about the way they approach their work.
This role is based at our award-winning, state of the art studio LiveWorks, based on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
- To help in the development of new graphics features and enhance our real-time rendering engine.
- Profile and optimise many aspects of the ZeroLight Omnichannel from VR to the Cloud.
- Design and implement software that pushes the limits of what’s possible in order to create world leading visualisation products.
- Work closely with artists and programmers to develop advanced techniques for producing cutting edge visual effects.
- Develop technology on state-of-the-art high specification PC and Cloud hardware.
- Work with the latest hardware including top end graphics cards, UHD displays and VR headsets.
- Must have strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Knowledge and experience with a range of commercial game and rendering engines.
- Algorithm, code optimisation and 3D principals experience.
- Experience in profiling and implementing optimisations on both GPU and CPU
- Extensive knowledge and up to date experience using profiling tools and techniques made possible with the latest rendering API’s.
- Strong mathematics, C++, C#, HLSL/cg, OpenGL and Direct X 11/12 skills.
- Ability to design complex reusable systems.
- Ability to debug both high and low-level problems.
- Experience with high-end PC development.
- Ability to understand and optimise previously deployed code.
- Multithreaded programming experience.
- At least 4 years professional programming experience.
- Ability to research, implement and modify existing techniques.
- Passionate about creating high quality products.
- Comprehensive wellbeing support through our initiative ZLWell which includes access to counselling via our Employee Assistance Program.
- Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings organised by our ZLSocial group.
- Book share scheme.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official ZeroLight Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.
To apply for this position please send your CV and portfolio to