MachineGames @ Uppsala, SE
MachineGames is looking for an experienced Graphics (Render) Programmer to join our team. In this role you will work closely with the rest of the engineering team as well as artists and designers.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- You have 3+ years of experience in AAA or mobile games development
- Proficient with C++ and/or C#
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Good level of mathematics and rendering algorithms
- Experience with OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan and/or Metal
- Solutions oriented with great problem-solving skills
- Organized and have excellent time management skills
- Fluent in English in speech and writing
- Self-starting team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Last but not least, you’re passionate about making GREAT games!
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code
- Support and maintain existing systems
- Be an active advocate for system features and tools that would improve the production process
- Collaborate with the engineering team, designers, artists and animators in the day-to-day development
- Problem solving and debugging
- Construct solutions for unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Keep up to date on rendering techniques that are researched and consider possible use scenarios for our titles.
- Ensure GPU is used as efficiently as possible under the defined constraints
- Deliver high quality work in a timely manner over an extended period of time
- Higher education in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or relevant experience
- Experience from AR/VR
- Experience working in video game industry, integrating online services