Position at SEGA Development Services
FIXED TERM CONTRACT
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE LOCALISATION QA PROJECT MANAGERS
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
As a Localisation QA Tester, you will be responsible of testing SEGA products and verifying any localised assets. You'll be responsible for linguistic quality and ensuring that the correct terminology and glossaries are used for the assigned title. You'll also assist with casting and audio and any localised material checks within Localisation QA.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test SEGA products for linguistic correctness.
- Run test cases and localisation checks in the respective language.
- Identify linguistic issues and report them in the bug database, suggesting fixes to defect/bugs within the assigned products.
- Edit and fix master text files/text databases and provide translation as necessary.
- Complete localisation compliance checks.
- Verify localised assets related to the product in testing.
- Support with audio casting and the audio assets verification process.
- Provide translation support when necessary.
- Provide feedback on the testing process, suggesting improvements and sharing knowledge with the team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experienced gamer, able to adapt to any game genre with ease.
- Excellent linguistic knowledge and deep understanding of the contracted language.
- Clear, concise and professional communicator, both in English and in the contracted language.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, with high work standards and the willingness to meet and exceed expectations.
- Flexible and adaptable to different LQA tasks and projects.
- Proven ability to maintain focus and commitment.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company, team player.