Studio Gobo are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Programmer to join our Hove based team working on an exciting, new unannounced project.
The Games Programmer is responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing systems and game code. .
Role and Responsibilities:
Experience and Qualifications:Required:
- Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systems and game code.
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product.
- Helps to develop technical design specifications and is able to implement them.
- Tests and refines gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule.
- Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
- Proficient in C/C++
- A year's experience working in the video games industry.
- Worked on game engines such as Unreal and Unity.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of industry standard development practices: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA and localisation teams.
- Exposure to post-launch on-going product development and delivery.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Worked in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics.
- Shipped one AAA game.
Why Studio Gobo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively including planning, organising and prioritising in conjunction with the code team.
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code.
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently.
- A professional 'can do' attitude and a strong team player.
- Highly self-motivated with a positive mental attitude and pride in delivering quality.
- Excellent bug diagnosis and debugging skills.
- Demonstrable portfolio of relevant extra-curricular or hobbyist projects.
Studio Gobo is a relatively young company and part of the Gobo Studio family. The Gobo group has already worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Disney, Codemasters, and UbiSoft. Recent projects include Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy playset for Disney Infinity 2.0 and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playset for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We like to focus on a holistic and collaborative approach to game development, sharing ideas and feedback between disciplines so that everyone can benefit from a whole range of skills and experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a fantastic environment to work and in order to make our games fun to play, we must also have fun too!