Programming and Development
Permanent | Full Time
To expand its programming team and strengthen its internal technology, Arkane studios is seeking talented Gameplay Programmers to join us in making ambitious AAA games.
These positions are opened to different levels of expertise, from industry veterans to less experienced candidates.
Reporting to the Lead Gameplay Programmer, the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing the systems and behaviors required by the various gameplay mechanics.
• Collaborate on the implementation of new gameplay features: player and characters’ behaviors, combat and powers mechanics, user interface, etc..
• Work closely with designers, artists, and other programmers to iterate on gameplay features and ensure a great player experience.
• Develop and own full aspect of the game experience.
• Collaborate with other members of the programmers’ team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and optimized code on all platforms
• Strong knowledge of C/C++
• Solid architecture and design ability
• Ability to fearlessly jump into large, existing code bases
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• Expertise in one or more technical areas: animation, audio, AI, math, physics, multithreading, networking, and/or UI.
• Experience with the following middleware technology: Havok physics & AI, FaceFX.
• Development experience on consoles or Pc with at least one game shipped
Working as an Arkanite
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence - a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 to 35 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
Keep Calm and waka waka...