As the new Gameplay Programmer for an award winning studio, who are responsible for one of the most loved MMOs of all time, you'll be joining a small team in the early stages of its MMO development. This will give you a unique chance to get in on the ground floor and make a large impact on a pioneering and ambitious project.
Day to day tasks...
- Give direct input on the feature roadmap
- Identify any technical roadblocks and suggest solutions
- Develop a range of gameplay features and game systems, primarily in Unreal Engine / C++
- Design and implement maintainable and expandable game systems
- Work closely with other programmers to find great technical solutions
- Work closely with designers to flesh out features and create good gameplay feel
- Work closely with other disciplines such as animators and artists to provide code support
- Continual learning about state-of-the-art games systems and coding best practice
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning your own work
- Participate in code reviews to maintain quality and share knowledge
- Bug fixing and optimization, including at the engine level
The skills and XP you'll need...
- Experience developing gameplay features in AAA PC/console teams
- A passion for playing and building video games!
- Significant professional experience with C++
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine / Blueprint
- Versatility and pro-activity, a willingness to contribute to a wide range of engineering tasks
- Experience in the technical design, implementation and maintenance of game systems, such as traversal, AI, navigation, combat or real-time networking
- Experience with software debugging and optimisation
The rewards you receive...
- The inspiring challenge of working on pioneering ambitious project with great coworkers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free lunches, drinks and snacks
- A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- Employer contributory pension plan
- Life Insurance
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Annual transportation grant
- Annual sports grant