Do you know what the components of a game system are, how they relate to the gaming experience, and how they shape a game’s business performance?
As a Game System Designer, you play a key role in the game design and development team. From the conceptualization stage to the final polish, you will translate high-level game concepts into complex models of game pace, balance, and economy. As part of the design team, and with your expertise, you are able to create economy and balance rules. You create and maintain the numerical/systems perspective on user behavior and game mechanics through understanding factors of fun and the reasons why people play and, ultimately, pay for the experience.
Support us in creating a fun, engaging, and outstanding player experience.
The passion for creating high-quality games and the focus on superior player experience have made GameDuell one of the largest cross-platform games communities in the world, with over 70 games on our website, social networks, and mobile devices.
- Conceptualize new end-to-end game systems, modeling a (complex) game economy and overall game pace and balance
- Take full ownership of game monetization, manage pricing of virtual goods, economy, and balancing of incentivized and purchased items in the game economy
- Define game specifications from initial concept to launch with monetization and playability testing to maximize user retention
- Design and map out game progression from a systems and monetization perspective
- Take responsibility for the quality of game systems, analyze content of our current games to design and drive meaningful changes or improvements to game design and monetization concepts
- Provide clear feature documentation, diagrams, calculation models, analyses, wireframes, and/or prototypes
- A completed university degree in game design, mathematics, psychology, or similar
- At least 3 years of proven successful game system design, balancing, pacing & monetization strategies for F2P games
- Detailed knowledge of the social gaming industry, free-to-play, and virtual goods business models on mobile platforms
- High ability to understand player motivations and merge them with business needs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Very good analytical gameplay balancing skills
- Experience with production using a game engine such as Unity or a similar game engine is a plus
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of German is an advantage
- Engaging tasks and new exciting challenges
- Independent work with interesting possibilities for your personal development
- Working directly with cross-discipline teams
- A versatile, friendly, and international team that guarantees fun on the job
- One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our office in Mitte! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, game events, sports courses, a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more)
- Flexible working hours
We look forward to receiving your application, including possible starting date. de with the subject line ‘Game System Designer’.
Please note that applications sent by post will not be processed and cannot be returned.
* GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.