£35,000.00 - £50,000.00 Per Year
Dundee, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Puny Astronaut - Dundee, UK
Sat in a state-of-the-art bespoke office in the cultural heart of Dundee, with a view of the city's quay, as part of close knit and collaborative team with some of the most passionate people in the business. Why aren't you already there?
This studio’s team goes all out to support each other, helping everyone produce their best work. Couple the supportive and creative working environment with living in the ‘Coolest Little City in Britain’ and this role is looking better and better!
As a Game Programmer, you will be making a significant impact on this studio's debut title and beyond, with a say in every project the studio works on, so expect to be encouraged to bring your ideas to the table for each and every project!
The studio is looking to expand their creative and driven team, so, do you fit the bill?
Your day-to-day will include:
• Collaboration with the design team and coding lead to shape core features and systems
• Adapting and expanding the pipeline and coding standards to create spectacular experiences
• Constantly take performance into account so games can keep meeting studio and fan expectations
• Write and develop robust maintainable code
• Implement features across current and next-gen platforms
• Identify and solve technical problems such as cross-platform issues, debugging, increasing real-time performance and reducing memory usage
• 1+ years industry experience developing for multiple platforms on industry standard engines like UE and Unity
• Strong working and tech knowledge of UE
• Good understanding of blueprints and optimising code
• Solid software engineering and software architecture principles and practices
• Experience with current-gen consoles, with Nintendo Switch being an advantage
• Self-motivated and organised mindset
What kind of perks are on offer?
• A healthy work-life balance
• Regular team activities, board game nights, team meals and events
Does this sound like the perfect role for you?
Get in touch with me!
Keep Calm and waka waka...