This studio has an incredible team with an incredible mission to change the nature of computing.
As our new Game Engine Developer you will be key to company growth by:
- Working in the Engines team to own our distributed/cloud game engine and ensure that it has the power and feature set to push the boundaries of what’s possible in online gaming.
- Working in a team of game engine, spatial simulation and distributed computing experts to deliver both foundational work and incremental improvements to Hadean’s technology. As an autonomous, self-organising team you’ll own your goals and feel the thrill of successful delivery.
- Bringing your experience of game engine development to the table as we plan, design and deliver new game engine features and improve existing ones.
The skills you will need:
- Knowledge of at least one of the following game engine subsystems: collision and physics, AI, pathfinding, spatial partitioning, resource management.
- Experience optimising engine code for memory, cache, network and CPU efficiency and performance.
- Strong C/C++ knowledge.
- You are highly proactive and able to organise your time towards successful delivery.
- You can decompose complex problems and manage the inherent risks in pushing technical boundaries.
- You can take high-level requirements and distil them into an elegant software design.
- You can write clear, understandable and maintainable code.
Nice but not necessary:
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience working with distributed systems or parallel computing.