VRIDAY is going beyond borders in the world of Virtual Reality. Our approach in revolutionizing social networking for celebrities and fans, is what we call MATERIA.ONE. Our impressive, extensive database with thousands of digital avatars of celebrities, athletes and TV entertainment is the foundation for the next big thing in VR. Our team consists of more than 50 members from different industries. We are VR experts, gaming professionals, marketing experts, programmers, game designers and visionaries. This gives us the power to brainstorm different ideas, research trends and discuss how to do them in VR successfully.
We are looking for a highly motivated Game Director (f/m/x) to be responsible for an ambitious VR online game project that is funded for several production years. Your job is to make sure that all aspects of the game development—from the look and feel of the world, to the flawless end user experience—fit with the vision of the final product. With the support of the company management, assisting departments, and externals, work with your development team to fill in all the technical, aesthetic, design, and narrative details.
- Ensure that the strategic requirements are translated into the vision of the game.
- Embody creative authority and make grand-scale design trajectories.
- Close collaboration with Project Management to determine the production priorities and eventual scope adjustments.
- Manage the project within given constraints of time, budget, and quality.
- Directly manage the leads of Art, Dev, and Game Design.
- Guide and support the team to ensure that the various constraints are embraced.
- Create the right player experience for the defined target groups.
- Oversee the quality, variety, and balance of the game and bring the overall experience to high standards.
- Identify and mitigate risks for the project and for the organization.
- Represent the projects vision internally and externally.
- Be a leader, motivate the team and all connected departments by sharing your excitement for the game with them.
OutroWhat we offer:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar director or production role in the gaming industry.
- Successful track record of at least two shipped products in the gaming industry.
- Great multitasking and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent in people management.
- Able to lead and motivate through change.
- Understanding of game design, art and software development processes.
- Expertise in art and design methodologies.
- Comfortable making decisions on macro and micro level.
- Knowledge of game production pipelines and workflows as well as development processes.
- Approachable and diplomatic person who can delve into details while keeping sight of the bigger picture.
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Fluent in English, skilled in verbal and written communication at all levels with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in related or equivalent extensive work experience.
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany is a plus.
- An attractive remuneration package with growth potential in an international company.
- Autonomous work in a stimulating environment.
- Lots of room for participation and realization of own ideas.
- Opportunity for training and exploring in new technology fields and topics.
- A highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy and fast decisions.
- Flexible working hours and free drinks;
- Awesome office in the very center of Berlin, Germany's capital. net stating your salary expectations and earliest starting date. We look forward to receiving your exciting application!