- Remote working - work from home or onsite Melbourne Collingwood Studio
- Great perks - WFH allowances and additional leave days per year
- Brand new project, get in on the ground floor - 3 years + 3 years projected life cycle
- Well established company delivering projects for the Gaming, Health, Family and the Public Sector.
- 100+ talented individuals in the team & adding an additional 30+
Senior Game Designer
Exciting growth journey, this studio is now looking for a team of talented Game Designers - Mid to Senior, to join the fun. You will be working on a new exploration-based MMO style product built in Unreal 5 and centred on a cryptocurrency economy. The product will be a new IP with room for shaping the visual style. You’ll also be using bleeding edge technologies with a focus on high levels of R&D.
As a Game Designer, you will be responsible for developing detailed designs for game mechanics, characters, rules, story, gameplay, interfaces, and modes. You will work with the Design team to plan and execute game design ideas, as well as collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders for approval of design. As an experienced Game Designer, you will bring your design and visionary flair, whilst delivering on project objectives. Here are some other things you might do:
- Execute on the product vision of our games
- Refine balance and tune gameplay
- Conduct a critical review of gameplay mechanics and systems
- Drive and follow up on prototyping core gameplay systems
- Present and communicate game concepts and project status to management, stakeholders and clients for review and approval
- Provide detailed feedback and recommend solutions for resolving risks in design challenges for development
- Refine game design for the feasibility of implementation and to meet technical objectives by collaborating with technical teams
- Resolve challenging game design problems that hinder the progress of the project
- Seniors will provide line management and mentorship to grow the team of game designers
Requirements/Bonus to have
- 2+ years experience working in the Game industry
- Working knowledge of VR Output and unreal engine a bonus
- Experience developing major game systems
- Well-rounded design skills, that cover all the bases (preferably with at least one area of expertise)
- Knowledgeable about games across multiple genres and platforms
- Experience iterating on live features based on player feedback and telemetry data a bonus
- Proficient in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent writing and documentation skills with the ability to create immaculate and well-written design documents.
- Senior role to have led a small team with the ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders
Please contact me anytime for full studio details or to apply.
Or request a list of all our current game designer jobs in one pdf.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 427 690 971