Sports Interactive is looking for a talented Game Designer to work on the genre-leading Football Manager Mobile game. As the sole designer on the project, you'll be worki
Game Designer (FM Mobile) Position Overview
Sports Interactive is looking for a talented Game Designer to work on the genre-leading Football Manager Mobile game. As the sole designer on the project, you'll be working closely with the game's director to help bring their vision to life and to push the product to the next level. You will become an integral part of a small, dedicated, and close-knit team within SI, collaborating with software engineers, artists, QA and producers to ensure we deliver the smoothest, most appealing on-the-go mobile experience possible for our passionate userbase.
The successful candidate will be organised, self-motivated and able to communicate with all disciplines, both within the mobile team and across the wider studio. You'll be keen to share your expertise and experience to help drive the team forward, as well as committed to the constant improvement of your own skills and knowledge.
- Designing engaging systems and features appropriate for a pick-up-and-play mobile simulation game.
- Articulate design concepts by creating assets such as documents, wireframes, prototypes, presentations etc to communicate and validate features prior to development.
- Review design success via qualitative and quantitative assessment techniques.
- Collaborate with designers across the rest of the studio to ensure the game's vision aligns with the goals and vision of SI as a whole.
- Collaborate with other key teams, such as UIUX, Comms, Production, Programming, Research and Art to ensure goals from other disciplines are met.
- Standardise, document and communicate game systems clearly and concisely to the team.
- Help assess the quality and usability of features via usability testing, focus tests and in-house playtesting.
- Be a passionate member of the FM Mobile Team, driving your own and helping with others' professional growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of video game design.
- An eye for compelling, easily digestible content that appeals to mobile users.
- Software knowledge of appropriate tools and creative/collaborative packages such as Miro, Wikis etc.
- Have experienced a full development cycle releasing at least one game.
- Have a demonstratable experience in designing for mobile devices and touch interactions.
- Experience with iOS and Android development environments.
- An understanding of how design accommodates different business models.
- A broad understanding of design methodologies such as user-centric and inclusive design
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal preferred.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in both agile & waterfall environments.
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with creatives, software engineers, artists and producers
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others continuously.
- A broad knowledge of Football, as a sport and as a global industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Attention to detail.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world's leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the 'top selling' and 'most played' charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com .
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.