London, United Kingdom
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Game Artist (Unity / Remote) – Full Time
Roll7 is a small and fiercely independent BAFTA and multi award winning studio with a small team of 10 people. We pride ourselves on our creativity and are best known for our original, innovative and critically acclaimed IP.
We are committed to excellence in all parts of game development, and we strive to make the process as inclusive and exciting, offering large degrees of ownership and autonomy to our team.
See our for Staff Benefits and Company Culture
Roll7 run development remotely and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast majority of their work at home (9/10 days). Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses will be supplied as required. One day a fortnight we work from central London as a team, therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Game Artist to bring our new IP to life. Working under our Lead Artist, you will be working in a small team to create a stunning colourful world for our new Original IP. You will be proficient in the Unity Engine and have worked on at least one released title.
£ Competitive DOE
28th April 2019
· Model and texture high quality 3D assets and environments
· Collaborate with the wider art team to define and deliver a unique and distinctive art style that pushes industry quality boundaries
· Ensure art work supports and compliments game design and user experience
· Assist with asset rigging, animation and in-game lighting
· Participate in R&D of new techniques and implement into the production pipeline · Ability to assist in related areas is a plus, eg. asset rigging, shader programming and lighting
· Participate in R&D of new techniques and incorporate into the animation / production pipeline
· 2-3 years of experience within the AAA games industry, with at least 1 shipped title
· Exceptional 3D modelling and texturing skills
· Experience with rigging and animation nice to have
· Experience with Maya, Unity and sculpting tools (e.g. ZBrush or Mudbox) preferred, but not essential
· Exceptional eye for detail and quality
· A passion for playing and making games!
Keep Calm and waka waka...