Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you'll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio's philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we're really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Web Developer to assist our Technical Lead in the conception and implementation of our Games2Gether platform. Specifically, we are seeking an autonomous candidate with strong technical skills and the ambition to become a full-stack developer.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing the new Games2Gether platform, including:
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility
- Participating to updates with the Marketing Team to report on the progression of the project
- Anticipating the possible difficulties / delays regarding the feasibility of certain features compared to the original design and proactively proposing adapted solutions
- Once the platform is launched, you will also:
- Develop new additions required on the website / implement modifications
- Monitor and maintain the platform, ensure it continuously runs properly
- Fix any issue quickly and take on a proactive role by searching for and suggesting potential improvements to the Marketing and Management teams
Additionally, you will occasionally work on other topics (DevOps, Intranet, real time, gaming…)Required experience
Required skills and profile
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 2+ years of experience in web development
- NPM, Bower, Grunt/Gulp/Brunch is a plus
- We strongly recommend proficiency with C#/.net
- Proficiency with API, Rest or OOP would be a significant plus
- Staying current on new technologies in web-based application development, interest in DevOps' problematics (Software factory, Paas & Iaas)
- Capacity to work autonomously with some creative and design guidance
- Willingness to learn and strong intellectual curiosity to use the latest and greatest techniques!
- Creative skills and ability to form a critical view on the proposed features for the platform, their relevance and impact on the ergonomics and clarity of the website
- Strong empathy with the users, with an ability to judge the appeal of the platform for Amplitude's community, in particular paying close attention to the ease of use for both seasoned and beginner users of the website
- Take on a proactive attitude to spot opportunities or potential issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.