Position at Hardlight
Role Overview - Experienced to Senior 3D Game Artist
SEGA HARDlight is looking for a n experienced to senior 3D games artist to focus on character, environment and general in-game art. You will help drive the artistic and world vision by creating highly compelling artwork that meets the visual and technical requirements of the game whilst serving as a benchmark for artistic excellence.
We look for T-shaped artists who excel in their core discipline such as environment modelling but also enjoy and bring additional skills to the game-art table - whether it be character art, particles, concepts, animations, rendering etc... as a result we have a studio environment where you'll be able to contribute to many parts of the game art.
You will understand the limitations of a mobile game but not be held back by them and push the quality towards console levels. Being part of SEGA, you enjoy and have experience in creating stylised art, exciting worlds and colourful characters.
Whatever you are working on, you will have ownership of your work. You are proactive and take responsibility for creating art from scratch to setting up and testing in game, collaborating when needed.
Essential Skills & Experience
- The timely creation of high-quality game-assets to the project's art-style & technical requirements with the goal of making the game the best it can be.
- Build levels/environments that aid gameplay, demonstrate effective composition and maintain game performance.
- Build characters with great proportions, efficient texturing and topology ready for rigging and animating.
- Keep abreast of the latest industry art production trends and techniques.
- Help design and concept parts of the game using mockups, prototypes, concepts and mood boards
- Liaise & work closely with other departments, solving problems on a win-win basis.
- Worked on one full game cycle from start to finish as an artist
- Excellent communication skills as a collaborator.
- Technical expertise and familiarity with game-engines & their performance requirements.
- Ability to create textures in different styles - hand painted, photographic, vector based.
- Excellent low-poly 3D modelling, texturing and asset creation within strict budgets.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is REQUIRED Preferred experience
- Knowledge of core software packages ( eg. 3DsMax, Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush).
- Excellent organizational skills and able to self-manage your time .
- Passion for games & mobile gaming.
Why work at HARDlight ?
- Experience of creating game art for mobile games in Unity.
- Extensive knowledge of other 3D packages and pipelines include Z-Brush, Substance Painter and Quixel Suite.
- Enjoy the feedback process as the best way to create fantastic visuals.
- Industry leading competitive salary & corporate benefits.
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for travel.
- Optional family private healthcare package, pensions and life insurance.
- Generous developer Bonus scheme.
- Provision of free breakfast and fruit.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the heart of England in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connec tions to London and Birmingham.