This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
- Create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environments
- Trouble-shoot levels and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory and design spec
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience modeling environments for games using Maya, or related experience/software
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Strong experience and techniques in creating plants, shrubs and vines using cards/flats
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels and detail with minimal concept art and direction
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace
- Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and commit to deadlines
- Good communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets
- Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to team mates
- Deadline oriented- being able to manage and organize work so he meets all the deadlines and is able to adjust when changes happen
- Foundation in the traditional arts
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.