This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
- Texture game environments using a library of materials
- Generate new materials using a proprietary in-house shader editor
- UV layout for tiling and 0-1 mapped textures
- Collaborate closely with 3D modelers and game designers
- Match art styles defined by the art director/concept art
- Manage texture and shader efficiency
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong traditional drawing/painting skills
- Ability to sculpt and paint highly detailed 3D and 2D images
- Proficient at sculpting surface details and controlling shader features that represent a wide variety of material types
- Ability to create proper UV layout and tiling textures for games
- Working experience with shader networks
- Working experience with baking textures from high res meshes
- Strong Maya skills
- Strong Zbrush skills
- A solid understanding of procedural texturing techniques
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.