Environment Artist - London
As an Environment Artist you will build a pioneering mobile MMO with an engaging and enduring online world. This role offers the unique opportunity of developing a highly anticipated mobile MMO for one of the most passionate gaming communities.
As an experienced Environment Artist, you’ll be responsible for creating many of the props and components needed to create the games environments. The ideal candidate would demonstrate an eye for detail and have a strong understanding of visual and design principles.
Beside extremely solid game production and implementation skills, you should have strong teamwork, organization and communication skills.
- Collaborate with the Art Lead and Technical Artists to help define the benchmark standards for the project's environments
- Work with the Art Lead and technical artists to help improve workflows, pipelines and best practice
- Ensure all assets are delivered against agreed technical specifications and quality bars and all assets are present and functioning in the game engine as intended
- Ensure all assets and environments meet the games art style
- Ensure own work meets all artistic and technical benchmarks throughout the production cycle and timely delivery of assets
- At least 3 years' experience in AAA game development and at least 1 commercially released title
- Good communication skills, keeping stakeholders up to date with your progress and any potential issues that may arise throughout production
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard 3D and 2D software, ZBrush, Maya or 3DS Max, Substance Painter and Designer, Photoshop etc
- Strong knowledge of industry standard pipelines and workflows, high-low poly baking, modular asset creation, PBR material creation, whitebox level prototyping and asset implementation within the game
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4
- Keen understanding of current and new 3D techniques and technologies and a desire to drive quality while maintaining technical performance