Kolibri Games is a mobile games company based in Berlin. Our two games, 'Idle Miner Tycoon' and 'Idle Factory Tycoon' have already reached 70 million global downloads.
We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
We offer a studio comprising of self-motivated teams in a fast decision-making environment, allowing you to be truly impactful and develop professionally.
Entrepreneur In Residence (f/m/d)
We are a rapidly growing start-up that is maturing into the next phase of our life-cycle and as such, are looking for an Entrepreneur in Residence, to join us.
We'd like a highly motivated person with an entrepreneurial, 'get things done' mentality who can work in a fast paced environment. This will be a very varied role that will allow you to gain insights into not only a successful startup but many business areas. An entrepreneur with experience working across many business disciplines, externally, internally and interacting with different stakeholders, would be ideal.
- Take ownership for a variety of project related work across the company
- You will own projects across areas such as; operations, marketing, sales, finance and broader company development
- You will liaise with external bodies and teams to cover areas around, funding, investment, amongst other things
- You will work with our C-level team on strategic plans, to define project goals and help to take ownership of some leading projects
- Stay up to date with emerging trends within the game industry and the start-up space, looking for opportunities to grow and develop Kolibri games
Why Join Us?
- Masters or Bachelors degree from a leading university in finance, business admin, computer science, technology or something related
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with proven experience running your own businesses or a strong desire to form your own startup or previous experience as a business consultant
- Strong communication skills, to work with people at all levels and also represent the company externally
- Fluency in English
- Strong organizational skills, with ideally some experience of project management
- Data-driven mindset, with previous experience making decisions around data, related to KPIs, finance or something similar
- Team - a position in a driven and brilliant international team
- Rapid development - an organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- Autonomy - we have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
- Opportunity - we offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
- Players - we are aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
- Training - a personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
- Studio - a modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
- Equipment - the newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
- Food and drinks - fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; smoothies, coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Health and fitness - we pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Salary - competitive salaries - We believe that top performance should receive top payment
- Profit share - full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Relocation - relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Parties - regular company parties to celebrate, including summer, Christmas and key company milestones
- Team events - we regularly have events like bowling, BBQ's and movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
- Wisdom and Waffles - industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
- Friday celebrations - company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is a vibrant games company based in Berlin. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At Kolibri Games you will be joining a diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Here everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over their own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is 'Idle Miner Tycoon', one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 50 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon', which achieved over 4 million downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.