Embedded QA Tester
Arkane Studios - Austin @ Austin, TX, US
We are looking for an experienced Embedded QA Tester to join the team and support Arkane Studios!
- Solid background in Test process and procedures
- Experience and understanding of game testing on multiple platforms – PC, consoles, mobile, VR
- Extensive knowledge of games – a Gamer
- Advanced skill set for using Windows applications
- Knowledge and exposure to tools to help schedule and track deliverables
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong analytical skills in reviewing all design-related information and interpreting areas of risk in testing
- Exposure to Certification Testing for Consoles
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent desirable
- Run assigned test requests and identify game issues (bugs)
- Test and verify bug fixes
- Enters accurate high-quality game issues based on department standards into bug tracking system
- Diagnoses and communicates issues at a high-quality level (i.e., complex bug troubleshooting) to management
- Provide thoughtful and professional feedback on gameplay related issues in both written and verbal form.
- Assists in assessing and escalating game issues and concerns with peers and to senior team members
- Able to Track and Report work progress and deliverables
- Able to establish and maintain communication links between other Testers, Leads and management
- Interfaces regularly with QA Leads and management team to obtain and exchange information.
- Interacts directly with Development team as needed
- Becomes an ‘expert’ on particular game features, terminology, history and rules
- 1 - 2 years software test experience