Position at SEGA European Head Office
BASED AT SEGA EUROPE HQ IN BRENTFORD, LONDON OR AT CREATIVE ASSEMBLY'S HQ IN HORSHAM
REPORTING TO THE EVP OF STUDIOS
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
We are seeking a Director of Studio Operations to work with our EVP of Studios to provide operational services for SEGA's internal and external development studios.
These responsibilities will include the provision of QA, Localisation, Submissions and Customer Support teams. It will also include strong liaison with our studio leadership teams and will include significant elements of strategic and financial planning.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCEYou Have:
- Direct all SEGA West Development Services, including Quality Assurance, Localisation, Customer Support
- Ensure that highly effective QA is delivered through the continuous improvement of staff, processes and efficiency initiatives
- Provide localisation services to all global SEGA titles, including those developed outside the European region
- Provide leadership of First Party Submissions and Customer Service teams
- Liaise with development studios to provide essential planning and logistics
- Evolve SEGA West Development Services for excellence in a rapidly changing market
- Built and led teams within a games publisher or developer, ideally with an emphasis on quality assurance and project management. You are a natural leader.
- Strong financial acumen relating to game development costs, service delivery, P&L's and annual business planning.
- Have a service mind-set and are attuned with the various varying needs of Studios.
- Hard won insights into game production - you understand how studios come under different pressures at different points in the game cycle - you listen hard and respond smartly.
- Extensive experience with the complexity of game development from both a production and operational standpoint and with the demands of stakeholders around the world.
- Great attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills.