Overview Build strong partnerships with key partners to ensure support for Jagex strategic initiatives. Manage the overall Jagex relationship with partners - lead and direct engagement both in the product lifecycle and on a corporate level Work closely with stakeholder departments as lead or support (e.g. where an existing relationship existed, etc.) for strategic partnerships and to establish strong intercompany process (RACI, R&Rs) and communications Directly drives revenues and in-kind value (media, marketing support, etc.) to the company in the low tens of millions initially with this projected to grow. Position will create and own a P&L for partnership programs, meet or exceed KPIs (marketing support, direct spend, etc.) Own key metrics such as promotional and editorial support, downloads, advertising revenue, etc. Arrange and manage "touchpoint meetings" with strategic partners (e.g. gamescom, GDC, E3) with key execs from partner and Jagex to ensure strategic alignment and build relationships at multiple levels of the organization Understand and communicate technology and strategic roadmaps for key partners and work with stakeholders to build those into Jagex strategic and tactical plans Work with Brand and Development on acquisition planning and partnerships - for both inbound and outbound media Collaborate with Brand Managers, Development and other key stakeholders to ensure strong communication and achievement of goals. WHAT WE NEED
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we're a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do. We've welcomed over 260 million players to RuneScape's world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve. From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
The Director Publishing Partnerships serves as the strategic lead for Jagex Publishing on key partnerships and is responsible for leading and developing relationships with Publishing business partners who directly help drive player activity for Jagex and assist with our marketing and revenue generation.
Leads on developing/growing partnerships with the following partners/categories:
• Streaming Platforms (Twitch, YouTube)
• Esports (ESL, Dreamhack)
• Console Platforms (PlayStation, Xbox)
• Mobile Platforms (Apple, Google)
• Chipset Mfg (Nvidia, AMD)
• OEMS (Logitech, Razer, Corsair)
• Retailers (Green Man Gaming, Steam)
• Others as determined (Discord)
The Director manages project communication and reporting with key stakeholders and executive management, as well as external stakeholders (partners and third parties). Position ensures strong coordination with the marketing and brand teams to establish beneficial partnerships and programs to further Jagex business objectives. The role also manage a team of Publishing Partnership Managers who oversee key accounts and execute strategies and tactics identified in the long term plan for the department.
· Proven commerical experience in a product marketing, brand , business development or similar role in the gaming industry
· Previous experience in relationship management and strong relations with key partners
· Experience with games entertainment
· Thorough knowledge of the PC/mobile/console marketplace, including of Apps, games and OEM business models
· Worked within a team, used to managing and delivery against multiple and complex projects
· Can work with multiple stakeholders to build consensus and create teamwork to achieve goals and success
· Strong communicator
· Strong in Excel and PowerPoint
· Analytical and Logical
· Worked in gaming or entertainment
· Strong desire to be #1 and a 'self starter'
· Foreign Language (German, French) ideal WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes. Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.