Plarium is one of the biggest gaming companies in the world, dedicated to the creation of competitive, compelling and highly immersive online games. Our passion for games reaches the fingertips of +400M players worldwide, and this is where inspiration is born. Plarium is home to anyone who has a spark of play and desire to take the world, together.
We are looking for a Director of Data Science who will utilize her/his expertise into leading our data science unit. Plarium has a diverse set of data science models incorporated in our products, from player behavior prediction, to user acquisition optimization and game experience improvement. To do so we utilize state of the art big data technologies, a team of expert data scientists and a variety of machine & deep learning models.
The Data Science unit is part of the Business Performance department, which is responsible for enhancing the business success of Plarium by ensuring excellence in the performance on all business aspects including marketing, games & product design, retention, monetization, etc.
What we expect
- Lead and design Plarium's strategic vision for making the best impact on our products, using data science. This means understanding our top business needs and how data science can help us meet them
- Create a gantt for Plarium's data science projects and prioritize them according to model impact and development difficulty
- Communicate our various projects to top management, give timely reports on projects progress, ask for needed resources, discuss opportunities and blockers
- Work and collaborate with different company departments in order to achieve the unit's goals, from game studios and marketing who usually use our models, to data engineering, analysts and research that help us create them, including remote teams
- People management and development. Build and maintain our team of data science experts, grow the unit and plan what resources are needed to fulfill our vision
- Develop strong working processes and methods within the team to optimize our model development and ensure high quality results, this also means code and model integrity, and up to date documentation
- At least 5 years in a data science leadership position
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience as a data scientist
- Hands-on experience with Python/R and Scala
- Deep understanding of statistical models, machine learning frameworks and algorithms design
- Advanced degree (M.S. or PhD) in a scientific field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Natural Sciences
- Great perception of business and the ability to translate the company strategic goals into data science projects
What we offer our Employees
- Familiarity with big data platform infrastructures and querying tools, GCP- an advantage
- Your wellbeing: Flexible, hybrid work experience with talented professionals. Also, high work life balance derived from our people-oriented approach
- Your health: top notch health insurance to employees and immediate family. Furthermore, gym membership or a variety or workout options.
- Your future: personal and professional tools to assist with your development and journey.
- Your contribution: A variety of social and charitable initiatives, that we take pride in.
- And if that wasn't enough a fully and over the top stocked kitchen that will make any supermarket envious......