Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
MobilityWare is looking for a Director of Data Analytics that will be heading multiple teams of passionate and skilled product analysts monetization/marketing analyst and business intelligence analysts. Data is at the core of our decision making at MobilityWare. In this role you would be a key contributor to elevating and driving the success of strategy and analytics including but not limited to new opportunity identification, modeling analysis to support strategic options, competitive intelligence, and KPI development. You will be responsible for providing quantitative guidance and leadership to the studio. You will work cross-functionally with other studio leaders to communicate a holistic view into the health of the games and provide predictive insights to continually improve the product. The ideal candidate will have significant successful experience building and leading an analytics team of 15 or more employees, working with large data sets, and making data-driven decisions.
- Manage a team of highly talented and inquisitive data analysts helping them to create actionable insights and business intelligene for our rich portfolio of games
- Collaborate with peers, engineers, database managers, and business analysts to design and implement strategies to test, validate and communicate data-driven insights
- Set the strategy and roadmap for the Analytics team. Assess high-impact opportunities for the business and partner with other leaders across the Studio to understand their analytical needs and then develop reports/dashboards that meet those needs
- Create models that predict consumer behaviors and develop segmentation models for driving gaming objectives and KPIs
- Apply proven methods in working with divergent data types to explore and extrapolate data-driven insights using advanced, predictive statistical modeling and testing applied to data acquired and cleansed from a range of sources
- Provide guidance and support to business leaders and stakeholders on how best to harness available data in support of critical business needs and goals
- Conduct hands on modeling/advanced analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information needed by senior leadership to answer critical questions
- Design experiments, evaluate the quality of assessments and develop continuous improvement roadmap for gaming titles
- Partner with our Data Integration Manager to determine best BI tool set for querying, storage and visualization of high-volume data
- Ensure data best practices and play a critical role in building the data-informed culture throughout MobilityWare
- 8+ Years work experience in the mobile application industry including experience with building predictive models
- 5+ years of experience in managing, and mentoring data analysts, data architects, and BI teams in a high scale technology company
- Advanced degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Economics or in Computer Science with Modeling/Data Science coursework
- Strong domain knowledge and ability to manage, recruit and scale highly productive analytics teams including managers
- Experience working with Senior and Executive leadership as a quantitative owner
- Strong builder mentality, can bring order to chaos, and know how to effectively “bring people along”
- Familiarity with relational databases, MS SQL, data transformation, data mining, and ad hoc analysis
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals.
- Experience developing large data processing pipelines on Apache Spark
- Skilled in analyzing data and drawing appropriate conclusions. Able to effectively translate statistical findings to business strategies that positively impact the business and customer
- Can work with Database and Statistical applications; can automate routine procedures and create tools that increase productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to work productively with others in a highly collaborative manner
- High degree of Initiative, Integrity & Curiosity for understanding patterns and behaviors using data
- Advanced MS SQL skills working experience with SQL Server Analysis Services and Snowflake preferred
- Strong understanding of best practices for ETL and data processing, able to work with Data engineers to layout data structures to to meet business goals
- Experience working with large data and disparate data sets to create cohesive view and answer business questions
- Can work with Database and Statistical applications; can automate routine procedures and create tools that increase productivity and efficiency
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free drink, free Annual Company trip
- Casual workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility