As Director, Communication EMEA you will report to the VP of Enterprise. You will manage the outbound product, corporate and internal communications efforts for Riot Games EMEA. You will ensure product communications are on message and inline with global brand marketing and publishing teams You will have a coordinated approach with Riot-EMEA's contributing team, local offices and esports.
In addition to coordinating product communication efforts, you will also grow Riot-EMEA's overall corporate brand profile through the development of programs that create positive awareness for Riot-EMEA's products.
Riot operates a diverse set of products that form deep relationships with their audience/players. You will work with esports teams, entertainment and publishing teams to support launches and ongoing initiatives. You will provide leadership and strategic vision to the communications teams across EMEA
- Formalize Riot Games Europe communication strategy
- Forecast and manage budget for Riot-EMEA communications.
- Establish core communication group(s) and communication chains for Riot-EMEA
- Assess and evaluate all current, external PR/Communication agency resources to understand function, determine how it fits in future comms structure
- Work with communication group(s), local offices, and Global teams to manage all product and PR event initiatives with Riot-EMEA PR staff, agencies and local European offices
- Work with Brand Marketing, esports and Publishing teams to support better product Initiatives and develop a full communications plan
- Meet and provide status updates to all applicable team(s) with regard to product messaging and performance
- Liaise and support global communications initiatives.
- Establish and develop relationships with both enthusiast and consumer industry journalists.
- Manage weekly pan-European press coverage, and media wrap-up reports for all products
- Manage the production and distribution of all press releases, materials and assets.
- 8+ years in digital media, at an agency or in-house;
- Global or regional experience working at an international HQ or across different countries/markets. Also required is market sensitivity, cultural curiosity and understanding, differences in localization;.
- Experience growing content pipelines (in-house and external/agency)
- Experience implementing successful communications campaigns with passionate audiences;
- Experience working across multiple teams in different disciplines
- Ability to negotiate and execute deals with ad agencies and media groups;
- Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least one other Europe relevant language would be a plus.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you! Our Perks:
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games. Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games.
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.