MachineGames @ Uppsala, SE
MachineGames is looking for an experienced Dev Ops Programmer to join our team. In this role you will work closely with the rest of the engineering team as well as artists and designers.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting services
- Experience with containerization and the software ecosystems that surround their use
- Experience with multiple cloud frameworks and the software ecosystems that surrounds their use
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools
- Linux administration experience on multiple distributions
- Working knowledge of persistence solutions at local and cloud scale
- Experience with monitoring, reporting, and logging tools at local and cloud scale
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To collaborate with programmers, designers, artists and animators in the day-to-day development of our new projects
- To implement and improve our automated CI/CD pipelines
- Build, support, and lead operation of our internal services infrastructure
- To construct solutions for unforeseen problems in a timely manner
- Actively work to improve the tools related user experience for people within the studio without requiring explicit direction
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience with game development
- Programming experience in Python, C++ or Java