Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
SockMonkey are looking for a CONCEPT ARTIST to work on a number of projects, including licensed IP, and original games. Working as part of a team, and reporting to the Lead Artist, you will work on an exciting range of projects to help transform ideas into inspiring concepts and production imagery.
The ideal candidates are passionate about art and games, work well as part of a team, and looking to join an exciting and growing studio.
- Ability to work in multiple artistic styles
- Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of a brief
- High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail
- Understanding of composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation
- Experience across all concept disciplines in particular character, environment and object work
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong interest in understanding of cultural influences beyond games, movies, books, TV, comics etc...
- Experience with Max or Maya
- Understanding of how ideas translate form concept to in-game content
- Knowledge of the videogame creation process
Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
Keep Calm and waka waka...