Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa - the UK's biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live - along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee's success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
Our ideal Community / Social Manager will have plenty of experience in community management for PC and console games, is an expert in social media and can think outside the box.
What you tell your friends you do
"I help build & support the great communities who play Kwalee's PC & console games and devise new initiatives to help them grow."
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Developing and executing strategies to establish Kwalee's PC and console titles among gaming tastemakers.
- Becoming a recognised figure and a go-to contact for players of Kwalee console games.
- Establishing a working framework of systems and processes to plan & deliver effective Community campaigns.
- Making our game communities great places to be that players are proud to be a part of, leveraging social media and other platforms.
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games. Skills and requirements
- Previous experience on PC & Console games including three years in a community management role
- Ability to conceptualise and execute effective community management strategies to cover a game's entire lifespan
- Passion for games and knowledge of industry trends and key players
- Experience in establishing meaningful KPIs and metrics to monitor performance of the Community team's work and ability to report to senior management in a concise and timely manner.
- Comfortable on camera and ideally with experience as a content creator on YouTube or Twitch
- Interested in gaming community and social media trends, the successful candidate will use this mindset to assist with influencer outreach for new titles
- Good understanding of new and emerging platforms, e.g. TikTok, with an interest in innovating with them as part of a rounded community strategy
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that's why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.