Position at SEGA European Head Office
COMMERCIAL ANALYSIS DEPARTMENT
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE DIRECTOR OF COMMERCIAL ANALYSIS
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave! POSITION OVERVIEW
Working within the Commercial Analysis team and reporting to the Director of Commercial Analysis, you will support the department's commercial insights and studio outreach initiatives. This role would suit an experienced analyst with a flair for presentation and commercial awareness.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCEESSENTIAL
- Assist Director of Commercial Analysis with revenue and financial reporting, analysis and insight.
- Prepare reports and presentations regarding sales/financial performance to internal and external partners.
- Build business relationships with key partners across SEGA studios (Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly etc).
- Contribute to the management and automation of internal databases and insight dashboards
- Apply insights from sales, financial and user data to create learning opportunities in order to maximise business in future.
- Experienced communicator with demonstrable negotiation skills
- Very high attention to detail and data input accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative and under direction
- Proficient with MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.)
- Proficient in an at least one specialist analytical platform/tool (Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx etc)
- Knowledge and interest in the video games industry, particularly PC games
BEHAVIOURS & COMPETENCIES
- Experience using SQL to query large databases
- Previous exposure to multi-million dollar reporting responsibilities
- Experience in mediating different perspectives with internal and external teams
- Self-confident individual with the ability to influence key decision makers by using business knowledge and statistical evidence
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Is a starter-finisher… likes to see projects through to the end and takes ownership
- Ability to build effective relationships and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner