Character Artist - Cheshire
Our client is at the cutting edge of technology and they deliver truly ground-breaking projects for A-list clients. They offer work-for-hire software development services to the technology sector, adding value to games, business software or apps.
They're currently looking for a Character Artist to join an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Their anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
- Accurately follow a pre-defined art style or concept to produce high quality, believable characters.
- Create characters and creatures in varying art styles, both low and high poly, including making heads, faces, clothing and hair.
- Produce character models that are anatomically correct and are full of life and personality.
- Create clean and efficient topology ready for skinning for animation and author well laid out textures.
- Work alongside art leads to set the standard and to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets.
- Ensure work hits all memory and frame rate guides and adheres to project guidelines in terms of naming conventions etc.
- Adhere to schedules and promptly feedback any concerns regarding all aspects of the project.
- Attend regular reviews of artwork and both give and receive feedback.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team.
- Mentor Junior Character Artists if required.
- Excellent artistic ability, strong organic modelling skills and in-depth anatomical knowledge.
- In depth understanding of current gen skin and hair shaders and ability to accurately capture facial subtleties.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D software packages (Maya/3DS Max, Z-Brush/Mudbox, Substance, Photoshop).
- Good understanding of various tools and game engines used in current gen development.
- Desirable to have experience in real time hair, Marvellous Designer, cloth simulation set up and blendshape creation workflows.
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working within a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change and to take art direction effectively, understanding that amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
- Experience of working within game development for at least 3 years with at least 2 published titles.
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of current gen console game development processes, practices and terminology.