Liverpool, United Kingdom
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
A great opportunity to join our growing and stable studio in the vibrant heart of Liverpool. Founded by a cult team of developers that have gone on to create an envious portfolio of titles across many different genres, this studio are looking to add new and exciting talent to their team - that could be YOU!
We are looking for an experienced Character Artist with a proven ability to work from concept through to in game assets both in realism and in a stylistic way. You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join our successful, stable, and expanding studio, and create a game that’s guaranteed to be a massive hit across the globe!
• Create high quality, optimal character models based on concepts that suit the existing game style
• To model characters that meet predetermined budget and quality constraints
• To take the model from concept through to in game asset
• To be able to follow feedback given from Lead/Art Director and implement changes quickly
• Plan own work to make sure tasks are completed on time and to quality but also work to predefined schedules.
• Communicate with the team effectively
• Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities and optimised modelling for game
• Excellent knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
• Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture personality
• Minimum three years of experience in game industry and at least one released project
• Strong experience with high/low poly baking
• Understanding of PBR workflow
• Experience creating meshes suitable for rigging and animation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively translate concepts into finished character models
• Animation and Rigging experience.
• Unreal Engine experience
• Traditional art skills (drawing, sculpting, painting etc.)
• Substance Painter/Designer experience
• Experience working with Outsource Studios
Interested? Get in touch!
Keep Calm and waka waka...