Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Character Artist - VR [Unannounced Project]. We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft's greatest IP's which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR! Job Description
As a character artist you will be creating AAA characters and character related assets in an art production team. You will be involved in the character creation process from start to finish, being responsible for sculpting, modeling, texturing and setting up AAA characters for the game. You will be working closely together with Technical Artists and Animators to push the visual and technical quality to the next level.
- Development of high quality AAA characters and character related 3D assets
- Setting up and maintaining character production pipelines
- Close collaboration with the Art Director and Lead Artist to work within the visual style of the game
- Balance quality and efficiency of work to gain the best possible results within in the given time frame and technical constraints
A minimum of 5 years' experience as a character artist in game development, with at least one AAA title shipped
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to improve them. Understanding of high to low poly asset creation
- A keen eye for shape, color and detail
- Very good skills in Zbrush, at least one of the major 3D modeling packages (Maya, 3DS Max) and Photoshop.
- Strong sculpting, texturing and painting skills
- Ability to create highly realistic characters that meet AAA standards
- Very good working knowledge with at least one AAA game engine
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter is a plus
- Knowledge of Unity Pipelines a plus
- Knowledge of Marvelous Designer is a plus
- Having worked with scanned data is a plus.
- Good Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of realistic characters
- Examples of high quality materials and textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works