Arkane Studios, Lyon Offices (in France) is seeking a qualified Build & Release Manager to join our team.
The main role of the Build & Releae Manager is to oversee the delivery of game and engine versions to the dev team and external actors.
Build Process Management
- Make sure the automated building system is working as expected
- Tackle and report any issue that would block or slow down the building process in general and more specifically the CIS system
- Coordinate with the appropriate people to fix any issues, which could prevent the build to succeed.
- Participate to the build validation process in coordination with the Lead QA, producers and Tech Director
- Coordinate code and content propagation through our version control software.
- Coordinate with the QA team to define the testing priorities and schedule (engine/tools, feature, version, platform, language ...)
- Propose improvements of the building process and coordinate their implementation
- Promote best practices of our internal tools (CIS, crash reports, build deployment tools...) to the whole development team.
- Communicate to the team when a new build is available
- Write and communicate Build Notes
- Make sure the builds are archived properly
- Assist the team and external partners ( external QA, marketing,..) in the deployment of the builds on their PCs and development kits
- Make sure the users can play the builds on their dev kits or test kits ( firmware update, activation, users support)
- Write and maintain documentation regarding the building process
- Assist in the delivery of the game (masters) to the Hardware manufacturers (Sony, Microsoft) and distributors (Steam)
- Strong knowledge of version control software (Perforce would be a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Good understanding of network and computer systems
- Knowledge of a Windows environment
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming
- Knowledge of current game consoles and PC platforms
- Participation in a complete production cycle
- Good English skills
- Knowledge of an object oriented programming language (C#, C++…) would be a plus
- Experience on AAA projects would be a plus
Working as an “Arkanite”
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence - a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 to 35 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program etc.