We are looking for a Regular Backend Programmer to work on online-game backend technology.
The Regular Backend Programmer will develop and enhance online-backend systems used across a variety of Crytek games. The ideal candidate has experience with online-services from the perspective of real-time/game applications, working with/architecting scalable compute clusters, network traffic analysis etc.
The position involves working with cross-disciplinary groups, including interaction with game design and game programming teams.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
Back to all jobs Share
- Develop and support a set of reliable and high-performance online services, help integrate them into the company's products.
- Participate in the mentoring of Junior Backend Programmers.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work on a timely basis.
- Propose improvements to modules with scalability and robustness in mind.
- Debug and optimize any module of the system in collaboration with the Senior Programmers.
- Proactively create documentation where applicable.
- Participate in the recruiting process for your team.
- 2+ years of professional work experience as a Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Direct responsibility for the performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Strong programming skills in either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Debugging/optimization skills.
- Understanding of multithreading concepts.
- Understanding of network programming concepts.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of a game's production and development.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn and grow professionally.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency.
What you can expect from us Home Office
- Experience with Actor Model, CSP or other concurrent programming model. // - e.g.: C# tasks, Goroutines, Erlang.
- Programming & trouble-shooting experience in Linux-like environments.
- Database programming experience (MongoDB, MySQL, ...).
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio. Career Path
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Company Apartment
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.* Relocation Support
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).* Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro - free of charge.* Gym Card
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.International Environment
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity. German Classes
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family. Vacation Days
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.